Environmental Policy for Portel Audio Visual Limited (Portel AV Ltd)
Portel believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
Since 2008 we committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. Thats why our team all work from home.
It is our priority to encourage our clients, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. By using Cloud Based Servers for data and telephony together with CRM we believe most business’s can have staff working from home some of the time, if not all of the time.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then re-use or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise fuel and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain our vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of car sharing when possible.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products that do the least damage to the environment.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Provision for disruption that may stop your business working from its offices
- Reduce our company carbon footprint by working towards home working for all members of the business and our sub contractors.
For any issues related to Environmental Policy linked to Portel AV Limited please contact:
Steven Barrett, Managing Director
Your ‘portel’ to a friendlier way of working
Fair Use Policy
Portel’s fair usage policy (“FUP”) is designed to prevent fraud and abuse of our products. Portel’s products are for normal business use only. The following is a non-exhaustive list of practices that would not be considered Legitimate Use:
- Using subscriptions for telemarketing or call centre operations.
- Exceeding 3000 minutes of usage or phone calls over four hours in duration
- Re-selling subscription minutes;
- Sharing subscriptions between users whether via a PBX, call centre, computer or any other means;
- Calling numbers (whether single, sequentially or automatically) to generate income for yourself or others as a result of placing the call, other than for your individual business communications: and
- Unusual calling patterns inconsistent with normal, individual subscription use, for example, regular calls of short duration or calls to multiple numbers in a short period of time.
Other practices may be relevant in determining Legitimate Use and Portel AV Limited reserves the right to take any unlawful, prohibited, abnormal or unusual activity into account in making its determination. Portel AV Limited may at its option, terminate or suspend its relationship with you, and your use of any Portel AV Limited product immediately if it determines you are using the product contrary to this FUP. Termination fee’s may apply